Sunday, 30 April 2017

Happy Mind, Happy Soul

After being cooped in all week due to exams, I was so pleased to finally enjoy a little bit of fresh air and sunlight. Friday was well spent at Vetro wine bar in Soho, followed by the most delicious dinner at one of my favourite restaurant in London - The Ivy Soho. The atmosphere, their cocktails, service, and nonetheless their food, is amazing! Saturday was my day to be a bit lazy. The next day I woke up at 9, had some breakfast and watched the new series on Netflix based on Sophie Amouruso's book called ' Girl Boss'. I have personally not gotten around reading the book, but after hearing quite a few people raving about how good and inspiring her story was I decided to binge watch the series on Netflix and I have no regrets. For someone who is sort of in the same spot, being 21 years of age and trying to make something out of myself made me relate to what she was going through. Because things don't happen overnight and if you want to succeed and achieve your goal, you have to work hard, accept the ups and down, and always keep at the back of your mind why you began in the first place. But back to what I have been doing so far this bank holiday!

After almost finishing the first season without feeling guilty while looking at my own reflection on the screen, I decided to do a mini spring clean, listening to Drake's new album at the highest volume while singing along in my Calvin's around the house (side note: only half of our flat has blinds, so neighbours can see everything if they want to). Although it might sound boring, I actually enjoy it more than I thought I would. Vacuuming, reorganising my makeup draw, and sorting through my clothes, it was a very productive day. Now that Sunday has come around, the morning was well spent at the Counter Cafe in Hackney eating a delicious full of English breakfast, preparing ourselves to go to Westfield shopping center to buy a few bits and bobs.  Now back at home, all relaxed while waiting for our Chinese takeaway to be delivered. A well spent bank holiday weekend!

What are you lovelies up to this bank holiday? x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Chinese takeout sounds SO good right now. What did you order? My go to is beef noodles with oyster sauce!

    It sounds like you've had a really great weekend (and the best part is that its not over yet)! I had a family fast this afternoon, which is one of my favourite things!

    Great photography!

    Happy week ahead!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! Thank you so much for stopping by and comment!
    I ended ordering sweet and sour chicken and it was too delicious !

    Enjoy the last day of bank holiday weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig