Thursday, 7 September 2017

Current Favourites

As we are transitioning from summer to autumn and our routines tend to slightly change due to the more cool weather I thought I would review some of the products that I have been loving for the last couple of months. Products that I also see myself using in the months to come based on their qualities. 

Goddess Estee Lauder. I know this is a summer fragrance and that Estee Lauder came out with a new one this year, but I can't stop wearing this perfume! Out of all the 25+ perfumes (not a hoarder, just been given quite a lot of perfumes throughout the years) that I own this is the one I reach for every single day! I am really bad at explaining how a perfume smells, but what I can say is that it's super light and quite fresh! I wouldn't say it lasts throughout the day as it is an Eau de Toilette, but if you're as looking for an all over everyday spray do try it next time you are browsing the fragrance section. 

Maybelline BROWdrama Gel. I don't really or usually have any beauty favourites as I tend to stick with the same old makeup routine. But since I have started to tint my eyebrows whenever I thread them I have been reaching for this eyebrow gel from Maybelline and I love it! In total there is two 'colours' in their range - transparent and deep blond. I personally (of course) love using the transparent one just to tame my brown hairs and I am good to go! No need to fill in or shape my brows, just tame them and it only takes a couple of strokes and it lasts for ever! PS: It is also waterproof. 

Bumble Bumble BBCurl Conditioner. Bumble Bumble products to me have always been sort of the high-end luxury products for your hair due to their price compared to more pocket-friendly ones. But after receiving it for my birthday from my dear friend Julia I was overly excited to give it a try. As I have quite frizzy-curly hair and not been as clever as I should be in taking good care of it with the appropriate products, my hair has been all over the place. This product has made my life easier as it can both be used as an everyday leave in conditioner or a wash and go. I preferably like to use it as a leave in conditioner as it leaves my skin feeling soft and less frizzy than when I just use water. It also lasts for ever as you don't need much product and the best part is the delicious bubblegum/cotton candy smell! 

The Ordinary. Looking at my skincare routine, I have now come to realise how products from the Ordinary have quickly replaced my high-end products one by one and there is a good reason for it. If you read my previous blog post about the Ordinary I wrote a couple of months ago, you might be aware of how much I have fallen in love this budget friendly brand. So, when I was wandering around Covent Garden and subtle upon their boutique store I entered the store so fast to get my hands on the many products as I could - but as you can imagine even their store is in high demand and a few products were nowhere to be seen. BUT, luckily I managed to get a hold of the two products I have been waiting to get back in stock for a while now - the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution and the Salicylic Acid 2% Solution. If you have blemish prone skin and have tried everything and anything that is available, both drugstore and high-end products with no results, please do try these products!

The peeling solution should only be used once/twice a week for 5-10 minutes depending on your skin's sensitivity. I personally use it for 10-minutes, once a week with no problem and I could not be happier with the results! My skin feels so smooth and radiant, and after using it for a month now I notice how my breakouts have been less current and my pores less visible. So, if looking for a good peeling solution mask that doesn't cost a fortune and does what it says on the tin without leaving your skin feeling rough and literally peeling off I highly recommend you try this!

As for the salicylic acid solution, I was a bit hesitant to try it as I have previously had a bad experience with salicylic acid products before but with this one is a miracle worker for my skin! You can either use it as a spot treatment (which is recommended) or apply a thin layer all over before bed. I personally apply a thin layer all over my face which works for me without it aggravating my skin,  but only I feel my skin is 'out of balance' with a few spots here and there. In the morning my skin seems much clearer, whilst the spots that were there the previous day literally gone. 

The Original Makeup Eraser. remember first hearing about the Makeup Eraser a couple of years ago with it being all over YouTube. It wasn't until last year when I realised what a waste of money it was to buy face wipes when you can get a cloth that does the same job and is more cost-efficient. I must admit I didn't really have high hope that this product was going to work for me even though I tend to use minimal and non-waterproof makeup, but I thought that I would give it a try because who doesn't want a product that removes your makeup in a couple of steps? So I decided to put it to test and I was not disappointed at all. I properly washed in the washer before using it (as recommended) and only soaked it in water before removing my makeup. The thing that surprised me the most was how quickly and effectively it removed my whole makeup with just a few strokes and just with water! After its first successful attempt, it has now taken over my 'standard' daily routine when it comes to removing my makeup and it's good to use up to 166 times! TIPS: the only thing I will say is that it does not remove eye makeup as swiftly as I thought it would be, whether or not it's waterproof so I would recommend using micellar water with a cotton pad to do so instead for best results! 

What are your current favourites?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig